Saturday, May 15, 2010

Money Laundering Scams

Scams are alive and kicking and they keep getting better. This is one example:

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me, but I have a lucrative business proposal with huge benefits to share with you.

I need your services in a confidential matter regarding money out of a beneficiary deposit for our mutual benefits and investments hence I decided to establish contacts with you for possible assistance to realize this goal. This requires a private arrangement, as you will receive these funds under a well mapped out legal procedure(s); all legal documents will be carefully worked out to ensure the entire process is risk free and successful.

I am willing to have a fair share (50/50) of the said funds with you once the entire project is completed. I have all the details backing this project, which I would provide you after receiving a corresponding email or message from you. The funds in question amount to a tune of $30,000,000 United States dollars.

I will expect a straight answer from you. Either - YES OR NO.

If YES, then kindly call me or send me an e-mail/fax containing your FULL NAMES AND TELEPHONE/FAX NUMBERS, so we could get acquainted and move ahead.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Regards
Name: deleted
E-mail: deleted
Telephone: deleted

The transferring of money for someone you don’t know could also be money laundering, which is illegal. If you agree to take part, the scammer could use your account details to clean out your savings.
If the authorities follow the money trail from a crime that the person scamming you was involved in, it could lead straight to your bank account.


No comments:

Post a Comment